Sunday, February 7, 2010

Saints Win Super Bowl

saints

This is a tourist blog, and I  have never written about sports, but I cannot contain my excitement that the Saints won the Super Bowl.  I am from New Orleans and it's one of the reasons we call our vacation rental Villa Orleans.  I moved down from New Orleans back in 1990, but my brother moved because he lost his business and clientele from Hurricane Katrina.
I remember going to Saint's games when I was eight at Tulane Stadium.   I remember when the Saints were so bad, we wore paper bags over our heads because we were too ashamed to let others know we were Saints fans.  I watched games Saints games in Puerto Rico.  This season I watched most of their games.  For the Saints to win the Super Bowl has been a dream for many New Orleanians.  I know there are many Saints fans spread all over the country, because of Katrina.
I know that there is a celebration like Mardi Gas going on in the French Quarter now.  I know that this celebration will go on until tomorrow night.   I know that tomorrow New Orleans will not stop celebrating this win.   Go Saints!

2 comments:

KingT said...

Luis, I dont know why I didnt put 2 and 2 together but now I realize VO is named after NOLA...Saints are the only other NFL team I would and could actually root for...because of my love for food, music and booze and it being my fav vaca city ouside Chi...talk to ya later this week...Bug Ups to NOLA

vee said...

IVEBEEN A SAINT FAN FOR YEARS BECAUSE THEY WERE SO BAD. FINALLY THEY WON THE SUPER BOWL, IM FROM NEW JERSEY. I ALSO ORDERED THE SAINTS SUPER BOWL JERSEY HAT FLAG ETC. VEE