Thursday, June 25, 2009

Restaurant Review Island Ice

Island Ice Café
There is a small restaurant, I mean café, in the middle of town, on the corner of the plaza called Island Ice. They serve breakfast, sandwiches and plenty of dessert goodies. The interior is spacious, cold and very clean. This was once a bank, and their storage room is the old bank vault. This is a great place to bring your family and not crush your budget.

Their food is good and reasonable. Today we hiked the Rincon beaches, and we walked in really hungry. I can't think when I'm hungry. I ordered a Philly Cheesesteak @$4.50. Fries and a bottle of water/soft drink were an extra 50 cents. The sandwich came quickly, very hot. $5.00 for lunch.


Their sandwiches are not large, but good and tasty. I ate two. Their jalapeños are hot, and made me cry, just like I love them. Then I had a hot fudge sundae and felt complete.
What else is on their menu? Crepes with either ham, cheese, turkey. Dessert crepes with chocolate, strawberries, bananas. Hamburgers, hot dogs, BBQ Pork Sandwiches, sundaes, coffee, and varieties of tropical fruit flavored ice cream.
They also have vegetarian sandwiches, but I'm a carnivore I didn't notice them.
They're open all week, 11 am to 9 pm. 787-823-5423

No comments: